Can you believe that it’s 2016 tomorrow? I always enjoy the start of a new year. It’s always so full of promise and positive energy. Before moving forward though, I think it’s important to look back. So, with that in mind, I thought it would be fun to look back at the 10 posts from 2015 that you, my readers, enjoyed the most. I also wanted to thank all of you for following along and supporting my little foodie journey.
2) A tasty trip to Portland . Whenever my husband and I travel, food is always one of the highlights of the trip. Portland didn’t disappoint in that regard, but I was pleasantly intrigued by the laid back and friendly nature of the people of Portland.
3) Baked Brie with Strawberry Rhubarb Jam. A Spring inspired recipe that came about while I was playing around with some fresh rhubarb and strawberries from the market. It was really just a delicious excuse to eat a wheel of brie and pretend it was somewhat healthy 😉
5) Mediterranean 4 layer dip. This was the recipe I took to the Avocado Showdown in Vancouver. It didn’t win, but the event was a lot of fun. This event also started me down the path of attending food-related media events. Something I’ve been having a lot of fun with and am looking forward to attending a lot more of in the coming year.
6) Bobby’s Moms Butter Chicken. This stuff is completely delicious and was a lot of fun to learn how to make.
7) Salted Dark Chocolate Tart . This recipe got a lot of love. It’s extremely rich and decadent, but worth every bite.
8) Applesauce muffins. Using fresh, seasonal fall apples, these muffins are great, healthy snack. They’re also yummy enough to seem like a treat.
9) Salmon en Papillote is fancy enough for company, but easy enough for a weeknight meal.
10) Apple Sangria. The essence of fall in a glass, it’s sweet and refreshing with an herbal twist.
If you’re on Instagram, you may have noticed some people posting their top 9 pictures from 2015. I thought it was neat to look back and see which pictures got the most love and attention. Although most of the pictures are for recipes I haven’t posted, the Apple Sangria was one of the most loved on both lists. Here are my Instagram best 9 of 2015
I wish you all a Happy New Year. Cheers!