For hectic weeknights that call for a simple, yet nutritious meal, this Maple Miso Glazed Salmon has you covered.
We all have those evening where we don’t really feel like cooking dinner. Maybe you’re not really sure what you’re going to make or maybe you have it all planned out, but just don’t feel like you’re up to the task. For the most part, these evenings don’t happen all that often for me. I enjoy cooking (obviously) so dinner is kind of my time to enjoy my hobby, as much as it is a time to make something nutritious for my family. This week, though, I had a string of days where the whole dinnertime thing just wasn’t really my jam. I had a list written out with the meals I planned to make, the groceries were bought, but when it came time to cook, I just felt kind of “meh” about the whole thing.
Not wanting to order in, but not really wanting to put much effort into dinner, I made this Maple Miso Glazed Salmon. With only 4 ingredients and 20 minutes from start to finish, it’s kind of ideal for an easy, yet healthy meal. It was a success with 3 out 4 of us. My daughter had opinions, as only a 7 year old little girl can 😉
This wasn’t my planned post for the week, but I think it suits my mood and when I posted it on my instagram feed, I immediately had a few requests for the recipe. So for those who requested, here is my Maple Miso Glazed Salmon. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 1 lbs salmon cut into 4 portions
- Whisk together the ginger, miso paste and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron or other large skillet.
- Place the salmon, flesh side down, in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until nicely seared.
- Flip the salmon over and begin brush the top and sides with about 1/4 of the miso mixture. Repeat a few times while the salmon finishes cooking (about 10 minutes).